Sunday, July 31, 2011

Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge

I'm late, but it's finally here!

Yesterday was the launch of Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge, a great blog with cool challenges and sketches (and PRIZES) that the amazingly talented Anne Pennington has put together to inspire us to scrap. And guess what, I was invited (OK, I was almost begging to be added) to be a Guest Designer on the launch of the blog!!! Can. You. Say. Really. Excited?!?! I sure can!!! It was great! And the entries of the other designers... To die for! Pure inspiration!!! Check it out => Our Launch Post.
Anyway, this is the challenge:


The challenge is to make a layout that tells us about your dream! In your layout incorporate any two of:
  • cloud
  • rainbow
  • kite, or 
  • symbols of your dream – you can use a photo or drawing that is representative of your dream. 
And here is my take:





It is amazing how this challenge fitted what I am living right now. This past week was my wedding anniversary, 9 freaking years together! And I caught myself thinking about all the choices I had made during this time and remembered how, when I was young and restless, that I used to say (Gosh, right now I can hear Axel Rose singing "Live and let Die" in my head, lol) I didn't want to get married or have kids, that I would be an independent woman focused on my career only... At that time, I didn't know that my greatest dream would be to have a great man by my side, have a house on a quiet neighborhood, two amazing kids running around the backyard and be able to put my family in front of anything else... Funny how things can change, specially inside ourselves!

I thought about sewing the page, but changed my mind in the end. But, for those of you who would like to try to incorporate sewing to your pages, here is my favorite video:




Thanks for stopping by!